These. Are. Divine. Seriously, my kids did NOT believe me when I said I made them! They were sure I bought them. THAT’S how good they are!!
Chocolate Caramel Almond Bars
Like a Snickers Bar...but better!
Write a review
- 1/2 cup *salted* butter
- 1 cup full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- dash salt
- 1 cup almonds (raw or roasted), chopped
- 1 (10 oz) package Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (you can pick these up at Whole Foods, too.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in an 8x8 glass pan (small enough to just cover the bottom).
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, coconut milk, syrup and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until it reaches about 225 degrees, until the caramel is kind of a thick and gooey texture.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Take about half of the melted chocolate and spread it into the 8x8 pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the chocolate.
- Place in fridge while the caramel finishes cooking.
- Once the caramel is done, remove from heat and let sit for about 15 minutes to cool (you can put it in the fridge to speed this part up).
- Pour the caramel over the chocolate and almonds.
- Spread remaining chocolate over the caramel (if you need to re-melt it a little bit, just pop it back on the stove for a few minutes.
- Place in fridge to chill *completely*, then remove and cut into bars.
- Be careful, these will suck you in!
Life Made Full http://www.lifemadefull.com/