Coconut Sugar Snickerdoodle Bombs

coconut sugar snickerdoodle bombs.jpg

Some of you may have seen my post on Facebook when I shared that our Costco is now selling coconut sugar. I think I have baked with it before in the past, but I don’t remember. I prefer to bake with pure maple syrup or raw honey, as they are less processed, but I also like to experiment occasionally with other products. So, here is a recipe I came up with that is absolutely delicious! They have a soft, chewy, center, and a bit of crispness on the outside. These would make great Christmas cookies!

Recipe: Coconut Sugar Snickerdoodle Bombs (makes about 2 dozen cookies)

2.5 cups almond flour

1/2 cup coconut sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 egg

1/2 cup coconut oil, melted

1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

3 TBSP coconut sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon, mixed together, to roll cookies in

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until combined. Scoop out small portions, roll into a ball, and then roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before eating!

Print Friendly

Comments

1. says

These look great, I love snickerdoodles! I use coconut sugar often, I really like the texture it creates in baking…and you can put in your high speed blender and powder it for a really fine texture too!

2. Debra says

I also really like coconut sugar. It doesn’t do as much damage to my blood sugar as honey or maple syrup. Thanks for posting these!

3. Jenna says

These are to die for! I threw in a 1/2 cup of enjoy life chocolate chips (because chocolate chips are good in everything, right?) and the combination of the cinnamon and chocolate is outta this world! Thanks for the recipe!

4. Carrie says

We just finished making these and LOVE them. My youngest even rolled his eyes in the back of his head and groaned b/c they’re so great! :)
    Thanks for the recipe. We needed a little “jolt” to keep us on track and this helped.
    Love your site and the recipes. Thank you so much for posting!

• radlandon says

I have not tried it in this recipe, but you are welcome to try using an egg substitute! Let me know how it turns out!!

5. Holly says

Can you substitute a white whole wheat flour for the almond flour? I’m not gluten free and almond flour is so expensive!

• radlandon says

I don’t ever like to endorse wheat flour as I don’t believe it’s good for anyone, but if that’s what you use, you are welcome to try it! I cannot vouch for the results, though!! Sorry I can’t be more help!

6. Loren says

Hi.. just wanted to let you know that these cookies are out of this world! Very versatile recipe. I added enjoy life choc chips & I almost had a coronary! WOW! I’m going to try and make almond joy cookies by adding coconut & almonds. Thank you so much for this recipe. It’s the best grain free cookie I’ve found so far :)

7. Josephine says

These sound and look wonderful. If you were to sub with honey or maple syrup, what would the measurements be???? I am home now and would like to make them but I do boy have coconut sugar.

• radlandon says

Hi, Josephine! The coconut sugar helps the cookies to rise more like “regular” cookies, but you can swap out syrup or honey, they will just be flatter. Just use the same measurements, maybe a teensy bit less.

8. Joelle says

We made these for a long weekend trip and they were AWESOME!!! I thought I accidentally burned them, but they stayed deliciously moist in the center. I followed the recipe exactly (except for a few accidental extra minutes in the oven) Thank you for a delicious recipe!!

9. Christina says

HOLY FRIJOLES!! I couldn’t wait for these to cool so I had my first one with a fork. I melted away to a far away happy place like those Dove chocolate commercials for about 10 seconds. Best paleo cookies I’ve had. My kids absolutely loved them (almost 3 and 1 1/2 yr old). My daughter keeps asking for more but we ran out. Time for another batch!
    My only question is, how do you keep them crispy? I put mine in a tin and the sugar outside got soft the next day (still tasted amazing). We do live in humid weather so it may be hard to keep them that way.

• radlandon says

Hi, Christina! So glad you liked them! Try wrapping the cookies in paper towels and putting them in foil. It should help some, but since almond flour has higher moisture content, they won’t be as crispy as when they’re fresh. Hope that helps!

10. Debbie says

Arghh living in the UK I don’t think there’s much hope of me getting coconut sugar.. especially in Scotland. Maybe in london or the south but up here it takes years for new ingredients to make their way on to our shelves.

11. Michelle says

Just wondering if you could sub sunflour seed four instead of almond flour? I read on paleo parents that it can be used as a 1:1 sub for almond flour, what do you think? Would this work? We have nut allergies that’s why I’m asking. Thanks